- 2 tbsp olive oil with 2 tbsp grape jam (no sugar added)
- 2 lbs medium ground turkey
- 2 medium red onions diced
- 2 red peppers diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup chili powder
- 1 can (28 oz) tomato puree, add 1 cup grape juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 can (14-16 oz) black beans drained and rinsed
Heat the olive oil and grape jam mixture in a large pot over medium-high heat. Season the turkey with salt and pepper and add to the pan. Sear the meat until browned, then add the red onions, celery, red peppers, garlic, cumin and ½ cup of chili powder. Cook stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the tomatoes with grape juice and chicken stock. Lower the heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
Stir in the beans a few minutes before serving and hear through. Serve with garnishes.
Garnishes: diced onion, diced cucumber, shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, shredded uncooked beets, minced jalapeno or red chili peppers, add sour cream with 1 tbsp blueberry jam (no sugar added).
Make 8 servings