- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grape juice
- 1 medium red or purple onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tsp grape jam (no added sugar)
- 8 oz Yukon Gold or Red potatoes cubed
- 4 oz beets cubed and cooked grape juice
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped and cooked in grape juice
- 1 medium zucchini chopped and cooked in grape juice
- 8 oz green beans, ends trimmed and halved and cooked in grape juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1-14 oz. can diced tomatoes and 2 oz of grape juice 8 cups of low sodium chicken stock, add 1 tbsp of grape jam and ½ tsp of dried thyme ½ – (14-16 oz) can black beans Grated parmesan and grated raw beets for topping
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. In a separate pot cook the potatoes, carrots, zucchini and green beans in grape juice. Use enough grape juice to cover the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are medium tender. Drain grape juice from vegetables. Stir in the potatoes, carrots, zucchini and green beans. Season with a bit of salt and cook stirring for 3 to 4 minutes to release the vegetable aromas. Add the tomatoes, stock and thyme and turn the heat down to low. Season with salt (if still needed ) and pepper to taste. Simmer for at least 15 minutes and up to 45.
Before serving stir in the black beans and heat through. Add a bit of grated parmesan and grated raw beets for topping.
Making 5 servings